At Treasure Garden, our motto is “Where We Treasure Children”.
Treasure Garden opened in November 2014 and has continued to flourish and grow ever since. Here at Treasure Garden we promise to provide an exceptional education to children between the ages of 18 months to 5 years old. Our philosophy of education centers around play. Play is the most complete educational process of the mind. This allows the development of the whole child, that is, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically, and facilitates the natural unfolding of each child’s potential. We also pride ourselves in our spacious outdoor play area, which can further enhance each child’s learning experience and develop a growing sense of self-worth and a personal joy in learning.
Your child will learn by exploring their environment and experiencing open-ended art projects, themes, developmental games, stories and songs, music & movement, dramatic play, free play, outdoor play, gardening and daily circle time.
Our curriculum meets the Cayman Islands Early Education Childhood Unit’s standards. We have also decided to use additional approaches that we believe will be of great help to enhance children’s education, such as the British National Curriculum.
The depth and extent of the curriculum are appropriately adjusted by age level, and include the exploration of:
- Letters and Numerals: how they are shaped differently, how letters have different sounds and how they are put together to form words; how different numerals show different amounts.
- Shapes, Colors and Sounds: through activities such as matching, patterning, graphing and charting.
- Science and Math: hands-on learning by measuring, weighing, estimating, counting and experimenting.
- Language Skills: through stories, songs, poems, guessing and acting out.
- Social Skills: appropriate to each stage of development
Your Preschooler’s Day
At Treasure Garden Preschool we provide different educational themed units according to the children’s current interests, to keep children engaged with specific learning opportunities. This includes a portfolio to encourage communication through drawing and writing. Each child will also learn important social skills in our literature-based and will include the typical daily structure for your preschooler.
- Morning and afternoon Circle Time – where the day’s themed activities are introduced and reviewed, along with stories and songs.
- Activities in our Learning Center – to bring the day’s educational theme to life.
- Math, Language and Literacy activities; tied to National Learning Standards – to progressively build important foundational skills.
- Music & Movement – (songs, poems, rhymes and dance) to expand each child’s vocabulary, listening skills and self esteem.
- Outdoor Play – at least twice daily, to develop motor skills while experiencing nature.
- Snack, Lunch and Quiet Time – to nourish and rest growing minds and bodies.
Caterpillar Class (18 months – 2 ½ years)
Dragonfly Class (2 ½ – 3 ½ years)
Bumblebee Class (3 ½ – 5 years)
Hours of Operation
Treasure Garden is open weekdays from 7:30am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday; closed on weekends and public holidays.
Holiday camps are held over the regular school holidays. Registration is required.